SiVal Instruments Privacy Practices on the Web
- SiVal Instruments is not responsible for third parties that it does not own or control, or people that SiVal Instruments does not employ or manage. SiVal Instruments does not authorize these parties to retain, share, store, or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes, i.e., some purpose other than the specific transaction.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
SiVal Instruments will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information.
SiVal Instruments will only send personally identifiable information about you or other registered users to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested. This typically occurs when we partner with another party to provide specific services. When you sign up for these services, we will share names or other contact information necessary for the third party to provide these services. SiVal Instruments does not authorize these parties to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process. We may disclose personal information about you if we have a good-faith belief that we are required to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SiVal Instruments or others.
- We find that your actions on our websites or services violate SiVal Instruments' guidelines for specific products or services.
- We will share aggregate demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This information is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- SiVal Instruments uses individuals and/or third parties such as outside shipping or credit card processing companies.
Ordering and Credit Card Information
When placing an order for goods or services, you must provide SiVal Instruments with contact information and financial information (such as credit card number and expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customers' orders. If we have trouble processing or shipping an order, we will use the contact information to get in touch with you. Credit card account numbers will only be used to the extent necessary to fulfill your order.
A cookie is a small data file that is used by the SiVal Instruments servers to store information about your preferences in an unobtrusive way. Cookies also enable us to track and target your interests to enhance your SiVal Instruments experience. This data is typically restricted to general demographic uses and is not used to identify specific individuals.
SiVal Instruments’ operating system and browser restrict downloads of third-party cookies onto your system. This limits the possibility that your personal information will be acquired without your knowledge.
Log Files / IP Addresses
Your Internet Service Provider assigns an IP address to your hardware (e.g., computer or Internet appliance). IP stands for "Internet Protocol." It is used as your identifier on the Internet. Your assigned IP address may be different each time you log on. This IP information is not cross-referenced to other SiVal Instruments’ user data. SiVal Instruments uses IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track users' online movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
SiVal Instruments’ website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that SiVal Instruments is not responsible for the privacy practices of these sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site, and recommend that you read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information.
SiVal Instrument takes precautions to protect our users' information. Unfortunately, no data that is transmitted over the Internet is 100% secure. Once we have received your personal information we will make every effort to ensure your privacy.
When our Registration Page or Order Form asks users for personal information, that information is encrypted and protected with one of the best encryption methods in the industry - Secure Socket Layer (SSL). While on a secure page such as our Order Form Page, the small padlock icon at the bottom of the Web browser (such as Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer) becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just surfing.
While we use SSL encryption to protect personal information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user information offline. All of our users' information, not just the personal information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a Customer Care representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees use special IDs and passwords to access user information, and the servers that store this information are kept in a secure environment, behind a locked door.
Human Resources Web Sites (including Recruitment)
In connection with a job application or inquiry, whether advertised on an SiVal Instruments Web site or otherwise, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume or curriculum vitae. We may use this information throughout SiVal Instruments and its related entities for the purpose of employment consideration or your inquiry. Except where you tell us not to, we will keep the information for future consideration.
Information for Business Partners
If you represent a SiVal Instruments Business Partner, you may visit an SiVal Instruments Web site intended specifically for SiVal Instruments Business Partners. We may use information provided on that site to administer and develop our business relationship with you, the Business Partner you represent, and SiVal Instruments Business Partners generally. For instance, this may involve using your information to send you details of SiVal Instruments Business Partner programs. It may also include sharing certain information with other Business Partners (subject to any confidentiality obligations that may exist), or SiVal Instruments customers or prospects. In connection with a particular transaction or program, we may also contact you as part of customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes.
Disclosures Required By Law
Please be aware that in certain circumstances, it is possible that personal information may be subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders.
Choice / Opt-out
If you do not wish SiVal Instruments to use your personal information to send you our newsletter and/or information on products, services, special deals or promotions, you will be given the choice to opt-out in the registration process and elsewhere, such as on order forms or by replying with "unsubscribe" in the subject line of a promotional e-mail.
Notification of Changes